I have an exclusively high-end makeup collection at the moment. I don’t use makeup every day, therefore, I can afford to splurge on more expensive products. There is absolutely nothing wrong with drugstore makeup, however, I typically aim for quality over quantity in the items I own like makeup and clothes. I am very fair in complexion, so sometimes my options are quite limited. I shop at Sephora because their online shipping is easy and the Beauty Insider account is a bonus.
- Face Primer. Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer was a birthday gift from my sister, and I have used it every time I wear makeup since. It is moisturizing and feels really good on the skin. It has a gentle scent that is not chemically.
- Foundation. I use Make Up For Ever Water Blend Face & Body Foundation. It is a light coverage buildable product that gives me the moisture I crave in face products. The finish is more on the dewy side, and can almost appear as a tinted moisturizer when applied with a sponge. I use shade Y215.
- Concealer. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly is perfect for me. It is basically the colour of my skin and is more of a medium coverage when applied with a sponge making it easy to cover my very dark undereye area.
- Eyeshadow. My very first Sephora purchase was the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette. I to this day love it. I am not very adventurous when it comes to makeup, so this palette has everything I need.
- Eyeliner. I got Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Eye Crayon in Blacquer. I don’t use eyeliner often so I don’t have much of an opinion on it.
- Eyebrows. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Blonde is perfect for taming my crazy brows and filling in the patchy spots in a way that is not overly dramatic.
- Pink Lipstick. Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien is a gorgeous satin pink with a gold iridescence. I first got this for a birthday present from Sephora.
- Rose Lipstick. Marc Jacobs Beauty Le Marc Lip Creme Lipstick in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang has gone unused so far because I am saving it for an occasion.
- Red Lipstick. The birthday gift in 2015 included Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella. It is not drying compared to other matte lipsticks I have tried, but I look like snow white with such a bright colour so save it for Halloween.
- Setting Powder. My setting powder is almost a very subtle highlighter. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Etherial Light provides an almost-white glow that compliments my complexion more than any other I have tried.
- Setting Spray. It’s more of a face mist that I use to set my makeup. Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Marine Boosting Mist is perfect for natural makeup for those with dry skin.